blob: a25ac5939ada8ef8653f8a59eb393b6269aebf59 (plain
# Release notes for Gluster 3.11.2
This is a bugfix release. The release notes for [3.11.1](3.11.1.md),
[3.11.0](3.11.0.md), contains a listing of all the new features that
were added and bugs fixed, in the GlusterFS 3.11 stable release.
## Major changes, features and limitations addressed in this release
There are no major features or changes made in this release.
## Major issues
1. Expanding a gluster volume that is sharded may cause file corruption
- Sharded volumes are typically used for VM images, if such volumes are
expanded or possibly contracted (i.e add/remove bricks and rebalance) there
are reports of VM images getting corrupted.
- The last known cause for corruption (Bug #1465123) has a fix with this
release. As further testing is still in progress, the issue is retained as
a major issue.
- Status of this bug can be tracked here, #1465123
## Bugs addressed
Bugs addressed since release-3.11.0 are listed below.
- [#1463512](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1463512): USS: stale snap entries are seen when activation/deactivation performed during one of the glusterd's unavailability
- [#1463513](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1463513): [geo-rep]: extended attributes are not synced if the entry and extended attributes are done within changelog roleover/or entry sync
- [#1463517](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1463517): Brick Multiplexing:dmesg shows request_sock_TCP: Possible SYN flooding on port 49152 and memory related backtraces
- [#1463528](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1463528): [Perf] 35% drop in small file creates on smbv3 on *2
- [#1463626](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1463626): [Ganesha]Bricks got crashed while running posix compliance test suit on V4 mount
- [#1464316](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1464316): DHT: Pass errno as an argument to gf_msg
- [#1465123](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1465123): Fd based fops fail with EBADF on file migration
- [#1465854](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1465854): Regression: Heal info takes longer time when a brick is down
- [#1466801](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1466801): assorted typos and spelling mistakes from Debian lintian
- [#1466859](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1466859): dht_rename_lock_cbk crashes in upstream regression test
- [#1467268](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1467268): Heal info shows incorrect status
- [#1468118](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1468118): disperse seek does not correctly handle the end of file
- [#1468200](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1468200): [Geo-rep]: entry failed to sync to slave with ENOENT errror
- [#1468457](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1468457): selfheal deamon cpu consumption not reducing when IOs are going on and all redundant bricks are brought down one after another
- [#1469459](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1469459): Rebalance hangs on remove-brick if the target volume changes
- [#1470938](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1470938): Regression: non-disruptive(in-service) upgrade on EC volume fails
- [#1471025](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1471025): glusterfs process leaking memory when error occurs
- [#1471611](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1471611): metadata heal not happening despite having an active sink
- [#1471869](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1471869): cthon04 can cause segfault in gNFS/NLM
- [#1472794](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1472794): Test script failing with brick multiplexing enabled